Friday, June 27, 2014

Gentleman's Agreement

Gentleman's Agreement
Released Date: February 1948
Director: Elia Kazan
Actors: Gregory Peck, Dorothy McGuire, John Garfield, Celeste Holm, Ann Revere, June Havoc, Albert Dekker, and Jane Wyatt

     I have been on a huge Gregory Peck kick recently, and I'm enjoying every minute of it. He was tall, handsome, caring, strong... In other words, perfection. He played good guys, and maybe once or twice, a bad guy. Every role he played in though, he gave it his all. I just saw this for the first time, and I was blown away. Some movies are really great, some good, some are okay and some just plain old stink. This one was really great. I don't think I've come across a movie that I did not like with Gregory Peck. I would recommend this one to everyone.



     Philip Green (Gregory Peck) is a writer. And his new assignment is the issue of prejudice against religions. Mainly, the prejudice against Jews. Back when Jews weren't allowed in certain restaurants, hotels, even bars. But Philip is willing to dig deep into the issue. He is not Jewish but he figures that he could ask a good friend, that happens to be Jewish, what it is like for him everyday. His friend is Dave Goldman (John Garfield), but he is in the military and it is hard to get a hold of him. So what does Philip do? He pretends to be Jewish. He gets kicked out of restaurants, and hotels, and even gets in a fight with his main girl, Kathy (Dorothy McGuire). But can his friendships and love interest keep strong during this tough time? Watch this amazing movie about a man who was willing to sacrifice his reputation, and even gets into a few fights. You won't be upset you saw this amazing movie, I know I loved it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment