Monday, June 30, 2014

Barbara Stanwyck: Steel - True

I have read a lot of biographies of the classics. Alfred Hitchcock, James Stewart, Cary Grant, Bette Davis, Katharine Hepburn, Ginger Rogers, and many more. But I must say, Victoria Wilson's book: A Life of Barbara Stanwyck Steel - True 1907-1940 is possibly the best one I've read. Besides giving a great in depth story on Stanwyck, she also talks about the history of movie making, and a lot of American History at that time. It is really cool. I'd recommend this book to any Stanwyck fan, but also any classic movie fan. It is so good. I really can't think of the right words to describe this book, but I can tell you, I cannot wait to read the next part of Stanwyck's life. She truly is a classic and an amazing woman.


No comments:

Post a Comment